WELCOME TO MY FUN SCIENCE BLOG

I am Savita Dhutti,a science teacher at a well established public school in India.I welcome all of you to My science mania ! Its a website,I created for sharing e-learning experience with my students.Science is in fact, a real fun.It is a subject never--never confined within the four walls of the clssroom.Science is a continuous process of learning! I wish to create a pleasing learning environment for my students.So, Come and ENJOY Science with me.

Thursday 28 May 2009

Ghg satellite



Japan has launched the world’s first greenhouse gas monitoring satellite into space. It is called Ibuki, which means ‘breath’. It will circle the planet every 100 minutes, gathering data to be shared with space and scientific organisations. It has three major mission objectives – to monitor the density of greenhouse gases precisely and frequently; to study the absorption and emission levels of greenhouse gases per continent or large country over a certain period of time; to establish advanced technologies essential for precise greenhouse gas observations. “The satellite is expected to play an important role in monitoring global environmental changes and look out for any small warning signs that could affect our future,” says a statement released by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).