WELCOME TO MY FUN SCIENCE BLOG

I am Savita Dhutti,a science teacher at a well established public school in India.I welcome all of you to My science mania ! Its a website,I created for sharing e-learning experience with my students.Science is in fact, a real fun.It is a subject never--never confined within the four walls of the clssroom.Science is a continuous process of learning! I wish to create a pleasing learning environment for my students.So, Come and ENJOY Science with me.

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Seed scienctionary 1

embryo - developing plant still inside the seed. The embryo has cotyledons (embryonic leaves), a root cap, a food source and a plumule (shoot).
hilum - the scar on a seed coat at the location where it was attached to the plant's stalk during development
micropyle - the small pore in a seed that that allows water absorption
root (hypocotyl) - the part of the stem of a sprouting plant that is above the root and below the stalk of the cotyledon (seed leaves)
seed coat (testa) - seed coat is the outer, protective layer covering the seed
seed leaf (cotyledon) - the embryonic leaf within a seed
plumule - the shoot of a embryo