WELCOME TO MY FUN SCIENCE BLOG

I am Savita Dhutti,a science teacher at a well established public school in India.I welcome all of you to My science mania ! Its a website,I created for sharing e-learning experience with my students.Science is in fact, a real fun.It is a subject never--never confined within the four walls of the clssroom.Science is a continuous process of learning! I wish to create a pleasing learning environment for my students.So, Come and ENJOY Science with me.

Monday 10 September 2007

choice OF professional courses by the students OF today!

most of the students are now opting for such courses which are profession oriented, or are the ones which can yield good grades .They prefer PCM over PCB for this reason.

Their first preference ,if they are good at studies is Engineering line which has diversification of Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and so on. Everybody wants a quick professional settlement these days.

Earlier medical and Engineering were the two mega choices for the students, no doubt even till date that’s true. But, there has evolved a new thought line now, that in Medical too much time is needed to complete the course, internship and settlement of practice. While in Engineering one is sure to get a job opportunity sooner. This is what we have found when we talk to the students regarding their choice of subjects.

Now a days they join graduation or post graduation courses only if no other professional course choice is left for them.

I think this should be seriously thought and reviewed.