WELCOME TO MY FUN SCIENCE BLOG

I am Savita Dhutti,a science teacher at a well established public school in India.I welcome all of you to My science mania ! Its a website,I created for sharing e-learning experience with my students.Science is in fact, a real fun.It is a subject never--never confined within the four walls of the clssroom.Science is a continuous process of learning! I wish to create a pleasing learning environment for my students.So, Come and ENJOY Science with me.

Thursday 5 July 2007

global warming is alarming!

Global warming is one of the most serious
challenges facing us today.
To protect the health and economic well-being
of current and future generations, we must reduce
our emissions of heat-trapping gases by using the technology,
know-how, and practical solutions already at our disposal.

There has been a great deal of talk this summer about intense heat (particularly the recent, brutal heat wave in the Southwest and the crushing drought in the Midwest) and incessant hurricane activity. Many have speculated that these weather events are effects of global warming. Although this summer's extreme weather is consistent with what is expected in a warming world, we cannot point to any individual heat wave, hurricane, drought, or inundation as a result of global warming. Below we compare this summer's early events to climate statistics over a longer time perspective.