WELCOME TO MY FUN SCIENCE BLOG

I am Savita Dhutti,a science teacher at a well established public school in India.I welcome all of you to My science mania ! Its a website,I created for sharing e-learning experience with my students.Science is in fact, a real fun.It is a subject never--never confined within the four walls of the clssroom.Science is a continuous process of learning! I wish to create a pleasing learning environment for my students.So, Come and ENJOY Science with me.

Wednesday 15 August 2007

The beauty of symmetry in nature


Can you think of at least 5 more examples of symmetry in nature?
• Look at your own reflection in the mirror. You and your reflection are mirror images of each other. The mirror is called the line of symmetry.
• Choose a symmetrical object you like. On graph paper, draw a vertical line of symmetry, and then try to draw one half of your object. When you are finished, place a mirror on your line of symmetry and see if you get a complete figure.